Falls Creek Fridays is truly a God-filled, Spirit-led time of witnessing to thousands of youth. As you can see from the history below, it started off small but God had much bigger plans than we ever thought humanly possible.
The pins that are mentioned are given to youth for their collection in exchange for F.A.I.T.H. Riders getting to share their 3-minute story about how God has changed their life.
It has been an adventure to say the least and we step into every year excited about what God is going to do.
You can be a part of this great ministry by:
- Committing to pray for it.
- Participating personally.
- Giving financially.
If you would like to participate in Falls Creek Fridays, there are few things you need to know:
- You must have a background check on file with the BGCO before you can participate. (Click here for details)
- We are setting up at the pavilion down by the entry creek. We will have the FR trailer there.
- There is also an opportunity to give devotional’s at the cabins for Friday evening meals and after evening services, let us know if you would like to stay and help with this ministry.
- The afternoon time is 1:00-4:00 pm, it would help if you could arrive by 12:30. We will go over any changes and updates with the group as well as spend time in prayer before the campers arrive. If you have any questions you can post on our Facebook page or send us an e-mail.
Over 8 weeks of Fridays during 2016. There were 25 F.A.I.T.H. Riders from 9 chapters that shared the Gospel with our youth. During that time 15 prayed to receive Christ. In addition to that, F.A.I.T.H. Riders presented evening devotionals in 94 different church cabins.
5,000 pins were ordered in anticipation for what Jesus was going do that year. We were invited to KBA as well. KBA is South Eastern Oklahoma’s version of Falls Creek. We were at KBA two different times, the first being May 30 then on July 11.
We had total of 36 Churches involving 28 FR churches and 8 representing student volunteers. 97 total volunteers consisting of 86 F.A.I.T.H. Riders and 11 student volunteers as well as 3,561 presentations happened. This does not count well over a hundred more that weren’t counted when over the weeks various F.A.I.T.H. Riders were invited to share with individual cabins after our official time for the day was complete. We had 247 recorded salvations.
Our motto this year was “Sweat’n for Jesus.” During the 8 weeks of camp, 65 FAITH Riders and 31 students representing 36 churches shared the gospel with well over 3100 youth and adults resulting in 136 salvations and 49 other decisions.
Remember we were only at Falls Creek on Fridays from 1pm to 4pm, unless we were talking to students which often kept us to 5 or 5:15.
We had 33 Salvations. We didn’t have pins this year.
This was our first Year, no pins were given. We had 1 salvation.